Sunday, September 17, 2006

And the Saga Continues

It's now 3 weeks since Apple took my macbook and I finally threw in the towel and called Apple on Friday. I waited on hold for 30 minutes before speaking with someone (which I hear makes me lucky). To summarize my experience with the customer care representative - my computer is sitting on the shelf somewhere (though they couldn't tell me where). It looks as though it will get a new heatsink and logic board.

I was told that normal repairs take about 5 business days. I'm now sitting at almost 15. The reason for the long delay? They had to have the parts manufactured! There weren't any spare parts for repairs! Wonderful. My confidence in Apple soars to new heights.

Every day there are more blogs from the growing list of disgruntled macbook users at macbookrandomshutdown.com . Come on Apple! You should have told us to send our machines in when you had a solution - or parts - ready. Keeping our machines for this long is simply sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home