Monday, February 23, 2009

Travel & then Some & then Some More

(Ugh, just lost a whole post somehow)

I'm blogging while en route to the airport! But isn't that always the case? This time I'm on my way out to Oakland, California for a research meeting. Amazingly, I spent the entire month of January at home! A whole month that was travel free - such an amazing experience! It's amazing what you can accomplish with such time (i.e., research, teaching, grant writing, and advising! Who knew?).

However, where January was devoid of travel, February has been anything but. I spent several days in the DC area (Thanks for the Thai, Mel! And, Kat, Justin - more thanks for introducing me to the Punch Club and the yummy grilled cheese! For those of you looking for the real DC, head out to this place before it closes.) Then, I was in Germany for a week to participate in a Dagstuhl Seminar, which was quite an eye-opener. It's amazing what electronic medical record systems development and systems security research is taking place overseas. Next, I was able to stay home for a week, but now I'm back in the saddle again and about to board a plane for Charlotte before crossing the country to San Francisco.

After this trip, I'll be home for several days, then off to Chapel Hill to lead a panel at a conference, then home for several days, then off to Toronto for another - Oh, I think you see where this is going. At this point, I'm beginning to wonder if my lab thinks of me as a mythical figure. And maybe it's true - I have been noticing a number of similarities between el chupacabra and myself...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home