Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pittsburgh + Anniversary = Bliss

For our 6th wedding anniversary, Sara and I made a trip to Pittsburgh. On Friday, I was in DC for a research meeting and was planning to drive to the city. Around mid-day, I received a call from Sara who was flying up from Nashville. The conversation is best summarized as follows:

Sara: Hey, I'm changing planes in DC.
Brad: I hate you.
Sara: I love you.
Brad: Well, I could pick you up and we could drive up there together.
Sara: By the time you pick up the rental car and drive to the airport, I will be in Pittsurgh.
Brad: I hate you. No, I love you. Have a good flight.

(FYI - this is my skewed perspective and I know that Sara [as she's saying while sitting next to me at this moment] did not sound so callous)

So, eventually I made it to the 'burgh (by myself) after several delays on the PA turnpike and detours through the Laural Highlands, during which time I was accosted by a werewolf, a bear, and the people of Bedford (that's for you Joe). However, once arriving in Pittsburgh the weekend was glorious. We saw an unbelievable number of good friends, ate fantastic food (a.k.a. Tessaro's and an Italian Restaurant in Arnold), spent Saturday morning in the Strip District, and ... and .... and went to our first Steeler's game. Unfortunately, we have been since been banned from the stadium due to the negative outcome of the game.

Sara put up some pictures on Snapfish for inquiring minds (like the one of her, Krista, and Anthony to the left).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home