Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Amusing Dialogue

A preface: It was 70 degrees at around noon yesterday.

I was in the elevator of my building on campus when I overheard the following exchange (paraphrased to protect the innocent):

Person 1: It's beautiful outside.

Person 2: It's too cold. It feels too much like autumn. It reminds me that winter is just around the corner, with the gray days of January and February and all of the snow.

Person 1: Well, it could be worse. You could be living in the North where they have to deal with slush all of the time.

A couple of things:

  1. First of all. I have yet to see it snow more than 1 inch on any day I've been in Nashville.


  2. Second of all. I had no idea that the north was one big slushball.



So amusing, and yet, so sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home