Sunday, July 30, 2006

Back to the 'burgh (June 16, 2006)


One thing I’ve learned through my recent travels - I’m not a big fan of Southwest Airlines. The lineup-wait-wait-wait process is just not fun and personally I find it to be a bit stressful. I can’t believe that people stand in line for over 20 minutes before boarding (actually, I’ve seen people in line for over an hour, but it’s only now when the queue has become quite long) - there isn’t even a plane here yet! (The photo doesn’t quite due the line justice, but I’m still figuring out how best to position the iSee camera)

Nonetheless, I write from the airport because after an eventful 10 days in Nashville, I return to Pittsburgh. During my first full Nashvillian-experience, I achieved more than I ever expected. I set up my Vanderbilt accounts (email, accounting, etc.), had several meetings, set up a mentoring committee, reviewed some papers, and had my first business trip on a private chartered jet. And in the midst of it all, I was even able to sit down and continue some research projects.

And to top it all off, Sara and I found and bought a house in one day of searching: 2 hours of house hunting and several offers/negotiations. Now how’s that for efficiency!

Anyway, it’s been hectic (especially with the World Cup taking place right now - come on USA!), but now its time to take some time back in the ‘burgh before heading out on June 26 to Cambridge, England for a week to attend and present at the Privacy Enhancing Technologies Workshop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home